ClodiaMetelli

Clodia's Book Blog

Beautiful Losers (Modern Erotic Classics)
Remittance Girl
The Persian - Gordon A. Watt The story of Vaz, a young Iranian art student in London, who goes on a night out with his new friends and inexplicably wakes up next to a dead body.
This was an enjoyable read; there is generally a good-hearted, somehow innocent feel throughout most of the novel,which is written in a chatty, colloquial style, with a strong emphasis on the redemptive power of love - this makes it the more shocking when things turn very dark indeed.

The setting in Walthamstow and the group of people Vaz becomes part of are vividly realised. The author has a good sense of place and description and clearly knows and loves the great Metropolis.

Crime is not my favourite genre, but the workings of the plot did somewhat stretch my credulity; however, I very often find that to be the case.

The novel could do with re-editing: there are lots of minor errors, especially with punctuation, the abuse of apostrophes being really quite painful. There are also sentences which were obviously hastily written and leave the meaning unclear.

This was a free ebook and an enjoyable entertaining novel, so really, I'm not complaining.